Saturday, November 1, 2008

Weekend before the Election...

I am so grateful to be learning of many people across the US who are involved in prayer and fasting for this election. There are wonderful websites with daily calls to prayer. The Presidential Prayer Team ministry has many wonderful resources to enhance one's prayer life. Focus on the Family Action is also spending much time encouraging prayer and fasting. Prayer is hard work because it takes discipline and can so easily be interrupted with "good" things. But it is important to be relying on God for His direction for our country. I feel a level of peace knowing that He is sovereign and whomever is elected, will serve at His will. I do earnestly plead with God, however, to motivate people of faith to vote this year and vote for the ticket that promises to protect all human life at all ages and stages of life and to preserve the definition of marriage as one man and one woman. I have voted and now I'm praying.

No comments: