Thursday, March 25, 2010

Psalm 62: 5 - 8...

Psalm 62: 5 - 8
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress,
I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor
depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reading these verses multiple times opens my eyes to profound truth for my soul which I need every day. Today I am noticing these truths:
Rest for my SOUL is found in God alone.
God is:
my hope
my rock
my salvation
my fortress
my honor
my refuge

And what is my part in response to this truth?

Trust in Him at all times &
Pour out my heart to Him.

God is all we need but too often I forget to trust that and end up with some fear, doubt, insecurity and weakness. At the point of realizing my lack of trust, I can "Pour out my heart" - that's the picture of real prayer - with a whispered whimper or loud wail.
And that's when my soul finds rest in God alone.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Oh Linda! If only I had read this earlier today! Once again, as the weight and length of the day weighed heavy upon me, I was rolling around in self-pity and feeling sorry for myself. I did manage to do my own whimpering cry out to our Lord, needing to acknowledge my need for Him and repenting for feeling like a victim and acting like one to those around me.

Thank you for sharing this! This is so perfect to think on before I head off to bed.