Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Introducing Constantine...

Dear Blog,
I have neglected you so badly but today something miraculous and momentous happened and I must share this good news!!! There's been a birth in Detroit, MI which must be announced as we have just welcomed our 5th grandchild into the world. And he's the first child of our second son.

Constantine Jamesson Worden
July 19, 2010
10:58pm EDT
9# 4oz
21” long

After 23 hours of labor, it was determined that baby boy Worden’s head was just too large for the preferred birth plan. Shara had given 150%, had a “Dream Team” of Doula, mid-wife, Dr. and nurses who coached and cheered but in the end advised that he just wasn’t able to get into and through the birth canal so a C-section was advised and carried out. Shara knew it was the right decision as she agreed to the procedure and is at peace with the decision. She had no meds other than pitosin earlier this evening to intensify her contractions. She had prepared and practiced so knew how to relax as contractions kept pace all day long. James is in awe of her courage and strength – says she was phenomenal.

As you can guess, the name has Russian leanings. Though the name isn’t specifically Russian, it is a fairly common name in Russia. James was reading about Constantine early in the pregnancy and they both decided they liked the name. Jamesson is a nod to both his Russian and Scandinavian ethnic loves - Russian because of having lived in Russia for over 2 years and Norwegian in family heritage. Russians use the father’s name with the addition of an ending meaning “son of” for a middle name. And Scandinavians add “son” to the father’s name for their sons’ surnames. They plan to pronounce Jamesson as a 2 syllable word. This name means Constant, Steadfast, Son of James. Isn't that affirming and noble?


Psalm 139: 13-18
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you.


With Joyful Praise and Thanksgiving,
Grandma Lee

1 comment:

Marge B. said...

CONGRATULATIONS, 'Grandma Lee'!!

Sweet Constantine Jamesson is so very fortunate to be welcomed in to your family, surrounded by such loving Christian parents, grandparents, uncles & aunts....young & old. I pray we will all allow God's Spirit to overflow in us....to use us in showing Cozzie 'The Way'. What a privilege!


Thank-you God for the miracle of life.....may it never become 'ho-hum'. Loving & nurturing a sweet baby comes naturally, but through all the stages of life, may Constantine always be affirmed of Your love, as He experiences his parents & extended family loving, guiding & accepting him with Your love.

'Ever be filled and stimulated with the Holy Spirit....at all times and for everything giving thanks in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.'
Ephesians 5:18-20
Amen

With joyful praise & love,
'Great Aunt Marge'