Sunday, July 31, 2011

Moldova Mission Trip 2011 #2...

 A rich and very full Sunday is drawing to a close over here!  Some photos will tell our story.

Most of us slept quite well but are all planning roast rooster for dinner very soon!  If this creature could crow properly rather than with a mechanical, fake voice, I might not be so perturbed!  And we've all decided that 5am is too early for the serenade to begin!

So we started early and were able to open and sort our boxes of supplies before breakfast!  That allowed a few other things to fit into our day which was nice. 

After a delicious pancake breakfast, we headed to Jesus Savior Baptist Church.  The 2 1/4 hour service included many elements and we knew we were worshipping the Lord even without knowing the language.

Beside the usual sermon at the end, the service included a baby dedication,                                    
 an introduction of a newly engaged couple, which included a call to the congregation to pray for and offer support in any way so that the couple would be encouraged and well prepared for marriage,
 the amazing recitation (at least 10 minutes) by a small boy with voice and hand dramatic embellishments of the Biblical story of
Elijah and the prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel, 3 choir numbers sounding like well trained professionals and perhaps nearly an hour of prayer.  There were several times of corporate prayer.  A pastor had a message, then led in prayer, followed by open prayers from congregants and later, after a few people had come forward with written prayer requests, there was more Pastoral and open prayer.

Another element was for visitors to introduce themselves and give a greeting from their home churches.  A man sang a solo and a woman read a lengthy poem.
Traditional group photo on the front steps of Jesus Savior Baptist church following the service.

 We headed to lunch at a pizza parlor where we were joined by the twin girls we help sponsor.  That was sweet as we caught up with their lives.  They have been hoping to immigrate to Italy to be with their mother but had learned yesterday that they were denied visas to leave the country.  They have a Romanian grandfather so will try to obtain Romanian passports and try again.  They expect this process to take a year or two.  They are optimistic though disappointed.
Diane and Phillip Worden scouting for gifts.

The girls joined our team following lunch at the market.  It could not have been a more beautiful day and some found treasure for souvenirs.
 More treasure hunters examining jewelry, Matroushka dolls, art work, etc.
 My husband and I are joined by our daughter as we spent some shopping time with our twin girls.
Elena opening a gift from her other sponsor.

 Following the market shopping outing, we returned to the team house to prepare for a trip to camp.  Our translators arrived about 4, we went over schedule logistics, had a tender time of prayer and headed to camp.  We had learned that the other 2 girls we sponsor were to be at camp.  Almost as soon as we arrived, they found us and our hugs were mutually warm and wonderful!
Sharing the photo albums I created from pictures taken in 2010.

Stella and my Froggy puppet friend helped me introduce ourselves to the children.

Today was change day at the camp as its the last day of the month.  Some children went home and 40 more will arrive tomorrow morning.  But small groups went well and folks have been busy this evening preparing for what will unfold tomorrow!

Now you see why I say it was a full day.  We're so grateful for lovely temperatures, blue skies and welcoming smiles.

Now to get some sleep and be ready for tomorrow.  We're feeling your prayers and support!

1 comment:

Marge B. said...

Dear Lee,

I entered my comment on the wrong day.
Check the comment I left under 'Moldova Countdown' blog journal.