Monday, January 9, 2012

Sharing Multitudes on Mondays...

Jumping in here to begin sharing 1000 Gifts in 2012.  Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience has challenged her friends to Take The Joy Dare and live this year with a greater emphasis on intentional gratitude.  It's a way to see and express ones personal love for the Savior who has given the greatest gift of all time.

And His gifts are everywhere.  When we begin noticing His touch in each of our days, we will be increasingly filled with joy.  I am starting today...

My hand with that precious reminder of the one who chose me and loves me still.
  1. The wedding ring on my left hand - so lovingly chosen, thoughtfully selected and selflessly given to me 45+ years ago.


 2.  The mission display case at my church which draws attention to those who travel internationally to share God's love

A New Year's Letter from Nebraska
3.  a letter from a friend who shared her home with me while my firstborn attended pre-school and has remained dear for nearly 40 years












This is already filling me with memories of life's joys.  

I am filling with gratitude.  

God you are LOVE and JOY.

1 comment:

Marge B. said...

'Taking the Joy Dare' is a wonderful way to begin the New Year. I'm sure Ann's 'A Holy Experience' is a thought provoking and inspiring reminder to focus on God's presence in our lives. It's sooo easy for me to be aware of what I see as negatives, within & around me.

Is "A Holy Experience' a book or a retreat of Ann's?

One of God's greatest gifts to me is (physically) in Kerville, Tx....but always 'in my heart'.
YOU, dear sister, I am so grateful for. God continually touches my life with His love, support, & encouragement...uniquely packaged in YOU. And that brings me much joy! You welcomed & embraced me at the beginning of my life and continually allow God to use you in my life.
"it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose." Phi. 2:13

"I thank my God every time I remember YOU."

Love you, Marge