Friday, April 6, 2012

Exploring Nice, France on Good Friday...

After breakfast this morning, Cozzie and I headed out for a nice, long walk.  Our destination was to find the meeting place of a Baptist Church which has a Sunday evening service in English.  We wanted to see if it was within walking distance of our hotel.

This adventure of exploration took us on a new path so we stopped along the way to take some photos.

The Acropolis is a convention center.
Across the street from the Acropolis is the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
First of 2 buildings labeled as Chambre de Commerce...
Main building labeled Chambre de Commerce...
Probably residences of the rich and famous?
There are 3 huge, high, architecturally elegant buildings here.  Maybe home to the retired wealthy who live with a view of the French Riviera.

Just a hint of what block after block of buildings look like...
I think this is the Imperial Hotel so Cozzie and I are considering an upgrade on our housing and might be found here before long...
Passed this beautiful church on our outing today...  People out front are weaving things from palm fronds...
Must be that this is where the Baptist Church meets on Sundays...
It took us almost an hour to find the address of the Baptist Church but that included the stops to take pictures and consult the map I had.  We returned from there in about 30 minutes and that included taking different streets than we had gone on.  I will inquire at the lobby desk on how to ride a train because the train that has a stop only a few blocks from us also stops very near this church location.  If it's not too complicated to pay on the train, we may try that method of travel - if they are still running Easter Sunday evening which I imagine that they are.

So today is off to a great start.  Cozzie is napping right now.  I will be letting him play this afternoon because he was stuck in the stroller for a couple hours this morning and that wasn't exactly ideal for him.  He saw lots of trains but...  better get to a run and play place this afternoon...  either the beach or the playground...

I'm sure you noticed that the skies(in the photos) are clear blue today.  It is fairly warm and I had thought it was going to be cool - not out of the 50's today but it's warmer than that.  We bought some strawberries at a fruit market we passed this morning.  The lady said they were from Nice and they are very delicious...  and pretty expensive - 5 euro (over $5) for about a pint.  But there's a very happy little boy who ate a great lunch of cereal with fresh strawberries!  Priceless!

Will post this update now.  If we have more photos, I may add more later.  Will see...

And because today is Good Friday, the day Jesus chose to give his life so that I may be forgiven of my sin and be indwelt by his spirit with my destiny a home with him in heaven for eternity...
Matthew 27: 45-46  From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.  About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"  - which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
 Dear Jesus, How awful that you endured such pain and loss on my behalf.  But my heart is overflowing with gratitude that you would love me and the world - all people everywhere - so much that you were willing to be forsaken by your father to carry out your plan which was created as the world began.  The plan which would provide redemption for all who believe in you and choose to receive your free gift of salvation.  I am imperfect but you see me through the blood you shed on the cross that day.  Your mercy and grace are unfathomable but so humbly appreciated.  Thank you for being the willing, perfect lamb which was sacrificed for me.  Please help me remain your loyal follower all the days you give me on this earth.  "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19: 14 With all the love you have given me, Amen.

No comments: