Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NYC in January...

I arrived in NYC last evening in order to provide support to my son and his wife with their child - my sweet 2 1/2 year old grandson - while his parents are very busy with work opportunities.  As I type, My Brightest Diamond is performing at The Bowery Ballroom.

We haven't been outside today for play as Cozzie has a very bad cold, it's quite nippy out there and there's no snow or ice to play in so not very welcoming outside the apartment where we're staying.

We've spent the day reading, playing, watching some Thomas the Tank Engine and Jay Jay the Jet Plane online videos and washing dishes.  He was somewhat familiar with Thomas but not Jay Jay.  

Will share some photos which help tell the story of the day.


Eyes show he's not feeling his best...

Wanting a shot of the boy and the plant with  lovely oranges...
Fashion statement...
Not wanting to look up and smile....

Caught this cutie with a little smile...
Found his mother's phone receiver, put it up to his ear and said, "I have to call James."  Must have been quoting his Mama.
When he saw this photo later, he said, "I'm talking to James Worden." 

Got good help with dish washing this evening...
This is lots of fun...
Could go on for quite some time...

Finally a look toward the camera if I must...
Very thankful to be here.  It's very cold outside so we're all grateful for a warm, friend's apartment and the time to be together for the good of this family.

Time to head to bed as Papa and Mama may want to sleep in after a rather late show tonight and I will be on duty as my little friend awakens

No comments: