Thursday, March 21, 2013

Detroit Departure March 2013... #8

I am safely home in TX with fond memories of my special days in Detroit.  Following breakfast this morning, we had a few photos taken so I'll share those here.  My little hockey fan is wearing a different jersey today but it's still showing his devotion to the Detroit Red Wings.  He wears his Red Wings hat as well to complete the outfit. 



Such a cutie...
Without the hat...

A rare cozy moment...
We're buddies forever...
Flights home went smoothly and the passengers seated next to me on both flights shared in delightful conversations - both divine appointments I believe.  The first, a mother of 5, shared some of the journey she and her husband are on to serve the Lord in their shared home and business.  The second, a 23 year Army medic, shared some of the experiences he's had since his teen years and during his many deployments - what courage and discipline he has.

Hubby arrived at the airport as I came out of the baggage claim area.  We had plans to meet a German couple who are career missionaries in Zambia who are in town to visit their daughter and her husband who are members of our church.  We took them to Friedhelm's Bavarian Inn in Fredericksburg and we all enjoyed the conversation and delicious food.   What amazing answers to prayers they shared concerning their work in Africa.

But it's time to snuggle into my own bed and rest.  Tomorrow I will head to Laity Lodge to work for the weekend.  

I'm grateful to be home.  Love the life God is allowing me to have.

No comments: