Monday, March 18, 2013

Detroit in March 2013... #5

As I begin to report on today's activities, I realize we stayed in the house all day long and weren't really tempted to venture out on a dreary, cold, spitting rain, muddy day.  And Cozzie seemed content to play with his toys, have a number of reading sessions with books from his quite substantial library, take his nap, eat his meals, skype with his parents before they boarded in Singapore and play with Lorenzo who stopped by again today.
Lorenzo endures a face tackle...

Then upstairs to Cozzie's room for a jam session...
They were having fun and I was getting some things done...

N o mystery about who the conductor is of this band...
When things got a little too exuberant, I decided it was time for the visit to end for today.  As Lorenzo headed out the door, Cozzie started to cry and say, "I'm sad because my friend is leaving."  But it was supper time and we were ready to eat.  

With a full tummy, Cozzie is ready to play by himself as long as he can have everything in the kitchen very close to whoever is there.   If I ever leave the kitchen to "run upstairs" for something, he says,
"I'll go with you"
and comes along while the task takes place.
Brought the garage down from upstairs today for awhile...
Trains remain a favorite of his...
Before pj's he had fun with a couple things which provided a delay to getting ready for bed.  First was Cowboy time...
He can really get this spirited horse to gallop around the house...
Will he be a cowboy, a hockey player or...
...a drummer.  Last jammin' before PJ's...
Everybody in the room has ear protection...
My day has been productive also.  Yesterday I roasted a turkey which I'd been given permission to do.  The added space in the freezer will be welcome I'm sure though it will now have turkey meat for future meals.  I removed meat from the carcass last evening and this morning started the process to prepare a pot of soup.  That was one activity.  Another was to launder the kitchen and living room curtains.  Quite easy actually.  

But the most fun of the day happens when Cozzie and I sit and read, eat, play toys...  He is a happy child so laughs readily, has many funny expressions and is adept at negotiations.  He did have one turn on the Time-out chair which put him into overdrive for keeping dialog going between adult and child.  He had so nearly wiggled off the chair that I put him back in place and told him I was adding a minute to his time.  His response was, "Oh, come on!!!"  He has said that at other times this week but today I had to turn my head so he couldn't see me squelch laughter.  He says it with such incredulity.  But he put in his time and held no grudge.  Attitude adjusted.

Cozzie's parents are on their way home.  They skyped from the airport in Singapore before boarding for Tokyo.  It was 4am there and 4pm here.  Our connection was very poor, however, so the call didn't last very long.  Next call will be from LA as they are changing planes in the USA.  Cozzie continues to mention their coming home each time we pray but otherwise it's not noticably on his radar.  We'll all be happy to reunite to be sure.    

No comments: