Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Detroit in March 2013... #7

Departure comes tomorrow morning so I savored today with my little friend.  He awakened at 8:30 AM and I let his parents sleep in and had the morning with him.  We ate, played, read stories and watched an episode of  "Jay Jay the Jet Plane" on my computer.  He loves Jay Jay.  We also spent an hour outside where it was again below freezing.  I got wood from the backyard pile to keep the wood burning stove well stocked.

After nap-time his parents were around but they had some things to do and I got involved with a little mechanic who worked on a number of his wooden toys.  He loves to pound and I have been trying to restrict the pounding to wood for the stove but he prefers other things.

Have you seen the Detroit Red Wings hockey jersey before and the Wings hat?  Yes, I think he's worn the same shirt almost every day that I've been here.  He has several but this is his favorite.  It does get laundered at night sometimes.  

The obsession with this shirt is reminding me of another little boy about 37 years ago who insisted on wearing a Mickey Mouse t-shirt every day and was convinced it never needed washing.  But if a spot appeared on the front, he wore it backwards.  He also turned it inside out to find a clean side and when a hole appeared, he put that side to the back and kept going.  That boy has nearly outgrown that obsession so I feel confident that Constantine will too.  (Maybe I'll find a photo of that boy and that shirt after I get home so that it can be placed here for proof.)
Pounding is so much fun...


Diverted properly for awhile...

Back to hot rod repairs...
Classy ride...
Loves the car...

Asked for this photo to be taken as he parked under the kitchen table...
Time for play before bathtime in Mama's studio...
Spinning really fast is very fun...
So I will finish packing in a few minutes and have my last "sleep" tonight for this visit.  As I suspected, the time has flown by and been very precious.  
 Proverbs 17:  6
Children's children are a crown to the aged, 
and parents are the pride of their children.

I know the first line of this verse is true and I pray that the last line is as well.  I am grateful for a son and daughter-in-law who trust me with their child.  It is a privilege to have these days to build a relationship that will continue to grow as God allows me days on this earth.  Praising God for his many blessings.


No comments: