Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday in Moldova...

Gorgeous day here in many ways - weather, worship and reconnecting at the camp.

Monday EARLY morning:
The above sentence is as far as I got last night before I lost wifi connection so I went to bed. 

My photos were taking FOREVER to upload and I decided I would just put  the laptop lid down and get under the covers - yes, covers.  It's wonderfully cool here at night this week so far and with the window open, we need a cover.

Sleep came quickly but I awakened middle of the night as the dogs and roosters awakened.  And thoughts of all the "out of my comfort zone" things I faced with the first day of camp ahead, sleep didn't return.  As I gathered my things for Monday at camp last night, I discovered I did not have with me the critical papers with all the week's gazebo plans.  I have them on my thumb drive and knew I could get copies reprinted here but without wifi, I could not send a message to my translator.  So I tried to sleep but instead have been waiting for morning. 

It's not yet 6 am but roomie and I are awake.  Guess what!  She printed the gazebo plan papers I had sent her before we left.  I'm rescued.  But sorry that anxiety preempted sleep last night.  Forgive me, Lord.

And as I came to the blog post start, I found all the photos I was attempting to upload are all here and ready to include.  So, I'll caption these pics and by then it'll be time for breakfast here.
Visiting Romanian pastor from his church in Paris brings greetings and short message at Jesus Savior Baptist Church.
First Sunday of the month  and communion gets started.  We love being part of this meaningful service.
Godly men, one of whom serves not only his church but also his country in elected office.

Team on steps of church after the service.
A pretty day and great team.
The gal the Ellises have been sponsoring joined them at church - great surprise!

Two of our girls joined us.  We had never met the gal on the left but loved her immediately.
Off to lunch with sponsored girls and translators.
The third gal we sponsor joined us for lunch.  Such fun.
 

Grandson Stephen in the shadow of Stephen Cel Mare.
Grandpa JC and the coolest 13 year old we know.

Past guys from the orphanage found us at the art market.
Hangin' with these girls was precious...  More to come this week.
 

This handsome young man was one of James' little guys 6 years ago.  What a thrill to renew that friendship.
Joining hands as team and translators as we prepare to head to camp.
Two languages with prayer rising to One who understands all and is with us here.
John found the young man with whom he went to the hospital last year for what was something minor but the friendship of a man from America provides some lasting memories for future strength.
The Bunning family explored the grounds and got in some soccer.

These are a couple of faces that await our arrival today.
In the team devo this morning, I will share:
Ephesians 3:20-21  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen
 I want to trust and believe and experience this today.   I know it's worthy of trust.

See THE DAILY REFLECTION by Mark D. Roberts for more thoughts on this Ephesians passage.

2 comments:

Marge B. said...

What a great-worshipful Sunday you all had in preparation for the week ahead. I'm sure you sensed a oneness in Christ, as you worshiped together.
"The same Lord is the Lord of all and gives many blessings to all who trust in Him, as the Scripture says, 'Anyone who calls on the Lord will be saved.'
Romans 10:12,13

Loved all your pictures! Makes it all the more 'real', as I lift you all up in prayer.

In prayerful support,
Marge

Unknown said...

Love the photos! I guess Lena didn't make it to church, but that's okay, I guess. I'd love to see a photo of her by herself so that I can get it printed out for my fridge. I have one from last year up there now. She looks amazingly beautiful, so be sure to let her know that I loved seeing her face! But, I love the photo from lunch and also let the Maria that I know know that I'm happy to see a photo of her as well.

Thanks for the blog post!